|Total Student Enrollment||130|
|Total Staff (full time equivalent)||22|
|Staff / Student Ratio (approx.)||1:6|
RDS is an independent co-educational school for students in Junior Kindergarten to Grade Eight. The school was established in 1995 and is an accredited member of the CAIS (Canadian Accredited Independent Schools)
- A set curriculum which stresses back to basics (i.e. Reading, Writing and Arithmetics). French, Social Sciences, Phyical Sciences, Music, Physical Education and Art are also an integral part of the programme.
- Mandarin Classes from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6.
- Technology instruction at individual terminals for all students in Grade 1 and above.
- Physical Education classes three times a week, including Swimming and Ice Skating units at U of T
- The use of Victoria College’s playing field, Varsity Arena and UofT’s Athletics Centre on Harbord Street
- Athletic competition with other schools, through the Small Schools Athletic Federation.
- Use of local sights including the Royal Ontario Museum, the Gardiner Museum and local libraries.
- Wide-ranging extra-curricular clubs programming including Hockey, Choir, Drama and Band.
- School field trips and regular concerts and performances.
- Fully supervised Extended Care programme and Study Hall.
- Community Service/volunteering
- House System
- Environmental Work