Volunteer Details (and link for sign up):
To volunteer for Pizza Fridays, sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0D44AFAD2EA2F49-rdspizza2
1-2 volunteers are needed to procure vegetables (carrots and cucumbers) and chips and deliver to Ashley the day before or morning of
3-4 volunteers are needed to cut up vegetables and help serve lunch to the students
Thank you in advance for supporting the school and taking the time to volunteer. We really appreciate it!
Future Prize is an opportunity for Middle School students in Grades 6-8 to design solutions to a real-world challenge and pitch their solutions in a competition with other CIS Ontario Schools.
How might we empower students to solve the world’s big problems?
In our rapidly-changing world, students increasingly need to be creative, curious, empathetic, and resilient. The Future Design Prize introduces middle school students to design thinking and innovative problem-solving methods that foster critical thinking and compassion.
The event includes a design thinking workshop for teams of students and teachers, an action-packed day of designing solutions, and an exciting final “pitch” of solutions to a panel of expert judges.
CIS Ontario Future Prize Challenge Day
Grades 6-8 Students
Friday, February 2, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Weston Hall, Preparatory School
Student teams (up to 3 students and one teacher per team) will:
- Learn about a meaningful challenge facing the world today
- Build empathy for people affected by the challenge
- Develop creative ideas to solve the problem
- Create a prototype of their solution
- Pitch their idea to a panel of judges from some of Canada’s most innovative companies
- Foster their creativity, pursue their curiosity and feel empowered to reshape the world around them