Future Prize is an opportunity for Middle School students in Grades 6-8 to design solutions to a real-world challenge and pitch their solutions in a competition with other CIS Ontario Schools.
How might we empower students to solve the world’s big problems?
In our rapidly-changing world, students increasingly need to be creative, curious, empathetic, and resilient. The Future Design Prize introduces middle school students to design thinking and innovative problem-solving methods that foster critical thinking and compassion.
The event includes a design thinking workshop for teams of students and teachers, an action-packed day of designing solutions, and an exciting final “pitch” of solutions to a panel of expert judges.
CIS Ontario Future Prize Challenge Day
Grades 6-8 Students
Friday, February 2, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Weston Hall, Preparatory School
Student teams (up to 3 students and one teacher per team) will:
- Learn about a meaningful challenge facing the world today
- Build empathy for people affected by the challenge
- Develop creative ideas to solve the problem
- Create a prototype of their solution
- Pitch their idea to a panel of judges from some of Canada’s most innovative companies
- Foster their creativity, pursue their curiosity and feel empowered to reshape the world around them
This event has a Google Hangouts video call.